The 2016 Yale Young Global Scholars-Beijing application is now closed!
Admissions decisions and financial aid packages have already been released.
DATES: January 31-February 6, 2016
For more information about the YYGS-Beijing program, please view the webinar here.
The Yale Young Global Scholars-Beijing Program (YYGS-Beijing) is a week-long program designed for outstanding high school students from around the world who are in 9th and 10th grade at the time of the program. YYGS-Beijing is a residential program where admitted students will live together under adult supervision and attend seven full days of programming at the Yale Center Beijing. On-site accommodation is mandatory, and will be provided for all students, along with three meals a day.
YYGS-Beijing will bring together talented students in Beijing, China to encourage their drive, energy, vision, and potential to make meaningful impacts as young leaders. The curriculum is specially designed to help prepare emerging student leaders for continued success in high school, college, and beyond. Participants will learn to recognize and understand global issues, develop and articulate reasoned responses, and generate thoughtful solutions. In presentations given by Yale faculty and skill development workshops offered by Yale graduate students, participants will:
- Hone their abilities to think critically and write persuasively;
- Engage productively with a diverse group of peers;
- Develop strong English language communications skills;
- Meet distinguished scholars and practitioners in a wide range of fields, including history, economics, public health, innovation and entrepreneurship, international affairs, and applied science;
- Learn how to master core elements of the U.S. college application process, to include writing a personal statement, creating a resume, and studying for standardized tests; and
- Experience the style of a liberal arts education, such as small-group discussions, one-on-one mentoring, and exposure to world-class professors.
The 2016 Yale Young Global Scholars-Beijing Program will be hosted by Yale University at the Yale Center Beijing. YYGS-Beijing is an official program of Yale University.